City of Bowie Animal Control has partnered with the Prince George's County Health Department to host a low cost rabies vaccine and microchip clinic at Bowie City Hall on Saturday, October 13th, 2018 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Services will be performed by Dr. James Peterson, owner and operator of Highway Veterinary Hospital. Vaccines and microchips are $10 each, CASH ONLY.
- Pet must be at least three (3) months old to receive a rabies vaccine
- Vaccine is good for one (1) year unless a prior rabies certificate is provided
- Pets must be on leash or in a carrier and under the control of a responsible adult at all times
- No residency requirements
Prince George's County Code
Rabies - requires all cats, dogs, and ferrets be vaccinated against rabies by four (4) months of age and at regular intervals throughout their lives.
Pet License - requires all cats, dogs, and ferrets be licensed with Prince George's County by four (4) months of age and annually thereafter.
- County Pet Licenses will be sold at the clinic, purchase is not required to participate. License fee is $5 for each pet that is spayed or neutered (proof required - spay/neuter certificate or vet records) and $25 for those that are not.