Bowie, Maryland is a city of 57,192* residents, located in Prince George's County, and convenient to Washington, DC, Annapolis, and Baltimore.
The City consists of approximately 20 square miles. There are more than 1,373 acres set aside as parks or as preserved open space, including over 28 miles of paths and trails, and 97 ballfields and parks (includes City, County, Board of Education & Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission fields).
Bowie has a nonpartisan city government directed by a Mayor and six Councilmembers. The City Council meets on the first and third Mondays of most months in sessions that are open to the public.
Bowie offers a dynamic mix of business and community neighbors. The city is home base for professionals and independent enterprises because of its well-educated, affluent workforce. The variety of housing options, public and private schools, quality retail, health facilities, greenspaces, and recreation attract families of all types. While working to ensure a strong future for everyone from kids and seniors, to residents and enterprises, Bowie has earned a number of awards and recognitions.
* according to the 2020 Census,
Awards and Recognitions
- Best places to Live in America (Travel Maven)
- Most Caring Community in Maryland (Insurify)
- Best Places to Live in the United States (Money Magazine)
- Best City in Maryland (USA Today)
- Third Best Place to Live in Maryland (Homesnacks.net)
- Safest Cities in Maryland Report (Backgroundchecks.org)
- Safest Military Town List (Vivintsource.com)
- Safest Towns and Cities in Maryland (National Council for Home Safety and Security)