Bowie Police Department Employment
Challenge Takers and Difference Makers to join our team!
The Bowie Police Department was established in 2006 and has been serving the incredible City of Bowie, Maryland ever since. Home to about 60,000 residents, the City of Bowie spans 19.2 square miles. We value service with integrity, and are always looking for like-minded individuals to join our Bowie Police Department family. And, we are offering a $3,000 - $9,000 signing bonus for new hires.
|Sworn Lateral||$1,000 for each year (up to 3 years)|
|Total Incentives Possible||$9,000|
Exemplary. Honorable. Accountable. Talented.
Sound like someone you know? Refer them! If we hire the candidate, you get $1,000. The Bowie Police Department is excited to introduce its new Community centered approach to recruiting Police Officers. Now more than ever it is vital for our Community to be part of the process in shaping the way they are served. To encourage that involvement, we are offering a $1,000 incentive* to anyone (yes, anyone!) who refers a successful Police Candidate to the Bowie Police Department who is hired on.
Details on the $1,000 Referral Incentive
- The name of the referring party must be on the appropriate line/section on employment application.
- Candidate is to write the referring party's name.
- If there is no name referenced on the application, there must be a clear and convincing connection between the applicant and the person seeking the referral incentive.
- Absent a name on the application, the determination of payment will be at the sole discretion of the Chief.
- Payment will be made upon the recruit’s first day of field training with the City of Bowie.
- The referral cannot be associated with any job fair.
- Coverage of 2/3 tuition cost upon completion of course with passing grade (after 6 months employment)
- Triple Time for holiday work
- Floating holiday - compensatory time
- Full vision, prescription, and dental (credit for waiving medical)
- Overtime at 1.5 rate
- Overtime on Sunday at 2.0 rate
- 3 hours reimbursement for Court Time
- Differential pay between 2300-0700 hours
- Take Home Vehicle
- Maryland State Retirement Agency (LEOPS)
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plans
- Step System (5.2% raises)
- Yearly uniform allowance ($2,000)
- Honor Guard pay ($500)
- Specialty pay - Language fluency pay ($500)
- Differential pay for Military Leave over 2 weeks
- On Call / Call In / Acting Pay
Special Unit Assignments
- Criminal Investigations Section
- K-9 Unit
- Bicycle Patrol
- Community Services Unit
- STAR Team
- Honor Guard
- Motorcycle Unit
- Traffic Safety
The City of Bowie is a drug & alcohol-testing employer.
THE CITY OF BOWIE, MARYLAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF THE CITY’S GOVERNMENTAL STRUCTURE.