Youth & Family Services Groups
Bowie Youth & Family Services offers several therapeutic and educational groups throughout the year. Each group is designed to meet a specific need for youth and families in the Bowie community.
Life Skills Group
Life skills groups will help young adults age 16 - 24 by providing the skills necessary to re-connect to high school or be successful in the workplace. This group promotes health and personal development for students who are struggling with attendance to school, entering college or the workforce after high school. Focus is on developing skills in goal-setting, effective communication, managing stress, decision making & risk, time and money management, and inter-personal relationship building. Participants receive weekly gift cards to Target for participation.
Weekly Starting March 16 - April 6, 2022 at 7 - 8 p.m.
All other groups will resume when we can safely gather together!
- Dream It, Be It: A college and career readiness group for high school girls
- Girls Count!: A female empowerment group for high school girls
- ADHD Group: A group for children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and their parents
- Calm, Confident Kids: A group for children experiencing excessive worrying or anxiety
- Active Parenting: A skill building group for parents
- LGBTQ+ Empowerment Group: A group for LGBTQ+ adolescents and allies
- Divorce/Separation Family Group: A group for parents and their children (ages 7-12) experiencing divorce and separation issues.
Call our office or visit a specific group’s page to learn more. Some groups require an initial appointment with the lead counselor before enrollment is confirmed and registration for a group does not guarantee a spot in the group.
All group participants, both those who reside within the corporate limits of the City of Bowie, and those who live in other parts of Prince George’s County, are charged fees. Group fees are specific to a particular group.
To learn more about current groups, call Bowie Youth & Family Services at the phone number in the Contact Us box on this page.