Cancellations & Refunds
What qualifies as a Cancellation?
The following situations are considered cancellations when it comes to picnic reservations:
- Changing the date of the picnic site reservation
- Changing the location (picnic site) of a picnic reservation
- Canceling an issued picnic site reservation (permit)
Cancellation Policy & Fee
- Picnics canceled with a minimum 30 days notice - All fees paid will be refunded, less a $25 picnic cancellation charge.
- Picnics canceled with less than 30 days notice - The site rental fee will be forfeited. All other rental fees will be refunded.
How Do I Cancel a Picnic Reservation?
Click here to complete the Picnic Reservation Cancellation form.
- Return of Security Deposit
Security deposits will be refunded within 21 businesses days following the date of reservation provided all park rules and regulations are adhered to, the facility capacity is not exceeded, and the facility and area are left in clean condition.
- Return of Rental Fees or Charges for Cancellations
Upon cancellation of an approved/issued permit, all fees and charges will be processed within 21 days.
- Refund Methods
For all situations, refunds will be handled as follows: If payment was received via cash, credit card, or check, refunds will be issued via City check and mailed to permit holder within 21 days.
Inclement Weather Policy
Picnic sites offered by the City are in an outdoor park setting and are subject to the weather. Therefore, refunds will not be issued in the event of inclement weather.
It is the permit holder’s responsibility to ensure the direct safety and welfare of their guests during their event. The City recommends the permit holder closely monitor the weather during their event and have plans in place in the event severe weather threatens the area.