Reserving Picnic Facilities
- The City of Bowie offers several sheltered and non-sheltered rentable picnic spaces.
- Each site has a maximum capacity for attendees and an associated rental fee.
- Rental fees are based on the residency status of the renter and the facility or area being rented.
- A resident is an individual who resides in the Incorporated City limits of Bowie. Not all Bowie addresses are in the incorporated City limits. City staff can assist you with determining your residency status or use our residency lookup tool
- The individual who rents the facility (the person to whom the permit is issued, the "Permit Holder") will be legally responsible for the group and their actions and must remain on site for the entire duration of the event.
- Consumption of alcohol is by permit only and may only be consumed at the picnic facility or area.
- The City does not offer any indoor picnic facilities.
- Picnic pavilions are covered and can provide some shelter from weather.
- Non-sheltered picnic facilities (family areas and group areas) do not offer any protection from rain. The City cannot provide rescheduled dates or refunds when an event is canceled due to inclement weather.
These areas are non-sheltered, accommodate less than 25 persons, and are available on a first-come first-served basis to groups of 25 or less. Each area contains at least one table; some areas offer a grill, but not all do.
Group Areas at Allen Pond Park
Group Areas 5, 6, 8
- Non-sheltered, accommodate up to 32 persons, can be reserved.
- Contains 4 tables; 2 grills
Group Areas 3, 4, 7
- Non-sheltered, accommodate up to 48 persons, can be reserved
- Contains 6 tables; 2 - 3 grills
Picnic Pavilions at Allen Pond
East Pavilion & West Pavilion
- Sheltered, accommodate up to 80 persons
- Contain 10 tables; 2 grills
- Electricity available
- See map in next section of this page
Whitemarsh Park Pavilion
- Sheltered, accommodates up to 150 persons
- Contains 10 tables; 2 grills
- Electricity not available
Allen Pond Picnic Map
(Click image to view full size map)
|Group Area 3, 4, 7||$100||$100||$250||$250|
|Group Area 5, 6, 8||$75||$75||$200||$200|
|Pavilion Alcohol Permit||$200||$200||$400||$200|
|Group Area Alcohol Permit||$100||$200||$200||$200|
The rental fees for picnic areas (Pavilions and Group Areas) are based on Bowie residency and the area that is being rented:
Placing a Reservation
Please read our detailed instructions on How to Make a Picnic Reservation, then visit our Parks Reservation website to check picnic area availability and book your reservation. Once there, click on Reserve a Picnic Site - Facilities.