- Our Community
- Education & Training
- Educator Recognition Programs
- Excellence in Education
Excellence in Education
The City of Bowie and the Education Committee sponsor a yearly event, entitled Excellence in Education, that recognizes teachers in Bowie schools for providing excellence in their classrooms and schools and in the education of their students.
City Council presented the honorees with their certificates at their June 21, 2022 meeting. Staff and teachers, from eligible public and private schools in Bowie, are selected by their principal. The City has proudly honored educators for over three decades.
Congratulations to our 2022 Excellence in Education honorees. We appreciate the hard work and dedication our teachers provide to students in Bowie. This year has proven to be an even greater challenge with our continued adjustment to the pandemic. Please take a look at the teachers and staff who were selected by their principals for their exemplary work in the classroom and school.
Thank you to our honorees, and all educators, for continuing your work with our children. You are appreciated!
2022 Excellence in Education Honorees
- Sarah Bailey (Whitehall Elementary School)
- Jeaniene Barber Hussie (Northview Elementary School)
- Angela Chery (Yorktown Elementary School)
- Kimerly Conley (Grace Christian School)
- Tynetta Dempsey (High Bridge Elementary School)
- Calvin Fitzpatrick ( C. Elizabeth Rieg Regional School)
- Lenea Folk (Kenilworth Elementary School)
- Linnea Gomez (Grace Christian School)
- Alisha Johnson (Yorktown Elementary School)
- Adrianne Leonard (Tulip Grove Elementary School)
- Lauren Lister (Northview Elementary School)
- Celeste McGill (Samuel Ogle Middle School)
- Jill Piazza (Whitehall Elementary School)
- Maureen Quinones (Samuel Ogle Middle School)
- Milagros Tolentino (C. Elizabeth Rieg Regional School)
First Tuesday of each month, 7 p.m.
Bowie City Hall
15901 Fred Robinson Way
Bowie, MD 20716