Call for Artists
Public Art Request for Qualifications - Bowie Signage
The City wishes to replace an existing “living” sign at the intersection of Route 197 and Kenhill Drive. For this public art opportunity, an art piece in the form of signage will be designed and installed at the same location and appropriately scaled to the landscape.
The design process should include community engagement and serve as an aesthetically pleasing landmark for years to come.
Artist teams must be able to plan, design, and construct the signage with weather-resistant, non-hazardous, and easily maintained materials.
Anticipated Schedule - Timelines Subject to Change
- August 31, 11:30 a.m. ▪ Submission of Qualifications
- September 10 ▪ Interviews with candidates
- September 15 ▪ Finalists selected
- October 15 ▪ Submission of RFP (invite only)
- November 19 ▪ Award of Contract
- January - April ▪ Installations
- View the informational flyer
- Deadline August 31, 2021 at 11:30 a.m.
- To request an RFQ packet, please email Robin Jones at email@example.com.
- All questions or clarifications regarding this RFQ shall be submitted by email to Robin Jones.
The Bowie Arts Committee (BAC) will sponsor an exhibit of artwork from local artists. The next gallery is The Great Outdoors and the theme for this show is landscapes, outside scenes of nature, such as mountains, rivers, and wide-open spaces. Only artwork that fits this theme will be considered. Please share this email with your network.
The Great Outdoors - (September 15, 2021 – December 15, 2021)
The theme for this show is artwork that celebrates the colors and images of springtime. The colors of the season should grace your artwork.
Artists may submit up to two paintings, photographs, mixed media, fiber art, or small sculpture. Any original 2-D and 3-D work that meets the exhibition guidelines and size restrictions will be considered. Any artist residing in Maryland, Virginia, or the District of Columbia, 18 years of age and older may enter no more than two pieces of original art falling under the theme of Bright Colors of Spring.
- August 23, 2021: DEADLINE for submitting digital entry form to BAC
- September 3, 2021: NOTIFICATION of Acceptance by email for artwork selected by BAC
- September 12, 2021: HAND DELIVERY of artwork BY APPOINTMENT ONLY to Bowie City Hall, 15901 Excalibur Road, Bowie, Maryland
- December 18, 2021: PICK UP of artwork between 9:00 am and 10:00 am ONLY