Complete the 2020 Census
The 2020 Census is underway! Every response means more funding for our community. Did you know each person counted equates to approximately $18,500 in funding over ten years?
As the nation battles the spread of COVID-19, population data is being used to help identify where there are concentrations of seniors and to calculate how widespread the disease is in our communities. If, and when, a vaccine becomes available, it is likely that it will be allocated at least in part, by population. The Census Bureau’s ongoing surveys of businesses will also assist in measuring the economic impact of COVID-19 and other emergencies and will help in the country’s eventual recovery. We want to make sure that everyone in Bowie gets counted and that Bowie residents receive the resources and services they need, now and in the future.
Thanks to those who have already completed their census form.
Take 10 for the Census
If you haven’t done so yet, please take 10 minutes and fill out your census form today and encourage friends and neighbors to do the same. Responding is simple, secure, and required by law, whether or not you are a citizen.
Prince George’s County was one of the most undercounted areas in 2010, resulting in millions of dollars in lost funding. Please do your part to make sure that does not happen again.
Here’s how to complete your census now
- Complete the online form at www.2020census.gov. If you received a code in the mail, use that to get started. If you don’t have a code, you can still enter your information, but nothing will be preloaded for you.
- Call 844-330-2020 (Spanish language #: 844-468-2020).
English (Click on the images to view at full size)
Spanish (Click on the images to view at full size)
Bowie Response Rates (as of June 23, 2020)
- Average response rate in Bowie - 78.8%
- Response ranking among Maryland communities - #17
- Response ranking among US communities - #885
Response Rate Challenge
Bowie’s response rate is good, but it’s not as good as 2010 yet. We know we can do better. Show your Bowie pride and complete the census and encourage others to do so too. Let’s aim for #1!
- Bowie Response Ranking in MD: #17 (University Park is #1 in MD & #44 in the US w/ 87.6%)
- Bowie Response Rank in the US: #885 (North River, ND is #1 w/100%)