Helping Families Cope With the Pandemic
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the office is closed to the public and staff is working remotely. We are continuing to provide family counseling via teletherapy and crisis/referral support via telephone (1-513-817-3158) during normal business hours. Read on...
During the COVID-19 emergency, you can reach Bowie Youth & Family Services by calling 1-513-817-3158. A staff member will be there to assist you during our normal hours of operation, which are Mon-Thurs, 8:30 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
While the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) has upended life for people around the country and the world, Bowie Youth & Family Services continues to be dedicated to providing support and resources to families. Below are links on various topics that we hope will make this difficult time a little less challenging.
Visit the City’s COVID-19 page for updates and general information regarding the City’s response.
How to Talk to Your Child about Coronavirus
- When Kids Are Anxious About Coronavirus: What to Do
- Calm Your Child’s Coronavirus Fears
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus
- Talking to Children about COVID-19: A Parent Resource
Things to Do While Schools are Closed
- My Kid’s School is Closed, So Now What?
- Prince George’s County Public Schools - Remote Learning Tips
- List of Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions
- Easy Indoor Activities for Kids
- National Aquarium Live Streaming
- Cincinnati Zoo Home Safari
- Celebrities Reading Books to Kids
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Virtual Field Trips to Take With Your Kids
Self Care for Parents
- Ways to Stay Positive During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Managing Stress and Anxiety
- Ease Your Coronavirus Anxiety
Like our Facebook page (@bowieyfs) for more resources for families.