Parade Participant Information
Our goal is to provide the best patriotic, family oriented event possible. We encourage bands, musical groups, clubs, schools, scouts, and other to get involved and help us to honor our Armed Forces, especially those who died in service to our country by marching or having a float in our parade.
Each participating group must complete our online form and agree to follow the Parade Rules and Regulations.
All participant applications will be reviewed by the Parade Committee and participants will be chosen based on the following priorities:
- Current military and veterans groups
- Music and dance groups
- Floats by nonprofit organizations and businesses (use instead of corporations)
- Emergency service providers: Police Departments and Fire Departments
- City of Bowie vehicles and programs
- Elected officials who represent Bowie
- Car clubs or individuals owning antique cars
- City of Bowie civic and nonprofit organizations
- Bowie-based commercial businesses. All commercial vehicles must display patriotic decorations
- Non Bowie-based civic and nonprofit organizations
- Others selected by the Parade Committee based on the variety or enhancements they bring to the parade
Getting a parade off on time and in the right order is a complicated endeavor. Please read all of the Rules and Regulations prior to completing your application to participate in the parade and be sure to attend the pre-parade meeting on May 12, 2022, 7 p.m. at The Kenhill Center, Room 101. Also, make sure that all of the participants in your group are familiar with the parade check-in procedures and the Rules and Regulations.
On the day of the parade…
The parade begins at the Belair Annex to Bowie High School. Participants are asked to gather there in their assigned staging areas by 10 a.m. Only vehicles that are in the parade are permitted in the staging areas. Other vehicles can park behind the school. There is an area on the street in front of the school for dropping off participants.