Does your child:
- Complain of frequent headaches or stomach aches?
- Have difficulty falling asleep?
- Have tantrums or irritability that are not age appropriate?
- Tend to be shy or uncomfortable in social settings?
- Have a lot of worries?
- Try to avoid going to school or worry about performance?
- Have a phobia?
Anxiety in children looks different than in adults. If you answered yes to any of these questions, Calm, Confident Kids may be the group for your child.
The goal of this group is to help return some of the fun of childhood to children who worry too much. In Calm, Confident Kids, kids will talk about various worries and anxieties. They will learn and practice strategies for coping to help them overcome these fears and stay calm.
This group will be a five week program for kids ages 7 to 10. Fee applicable. Space is limited. To get started with this group, please call or register.
For more information, call Bowie Youth & Family Services at the phone number in the Contact Us box on this page.