A mixed-use community is proposed on a vacant parcel along Route 301 in Pointer Ridge.
Proposal: 200 townhouses and up to 20,000 sq. ft. of commercial/retail space
Location: West side of southbound US 301, 0.3 mile south of the Mitchellville Road intersection.
Acreage/Zoning: 19 acres/M-X-T (Mixed Use-Transportation Oriented)
Current Proposal Description: Approvals of: a Preliminary Plan of Subdivision to create 200 townhouse lots and two lots for approximately 20,000 sq. ft. of commercial/retail space; and a Detailed Site Plan to construct 200 townhouses.
- Zoning Map Amendment (completed, 2014)
- Conceptual Site Plan (completed,2017)
- Preliminary Plan of Subdivision (under review 2019)
- Detailed Site Plan for the residential portion of the property (under review 2019)
Most Recent Approvals
- Conceptual Site Plan #CSP-16007 March 6, 2017
The City Council voted to recommend APPROVAL of Conceptual Site Plan #CSP-16007 for the Amber Ridge mixed use development with eight conditions.
- County Planning Board Approval 3-23-17
- District Council Final Approval 6-7-17
Documents/Videos Related to the Current Proposal
- SHA Approval Letter 12-19-19
- Amber Ridge Traffic Impact Analysis Revised 12-12-19
- Amber Ridge DSP Staff Report 1/21/20
- Amber Ridge Preliminary Staff Report 1/21/20
- Conceptual Site Plan
- City Council Position Letter 3-9-17
- Status Report 3-30-17
- Video of Stakeholders Meeting 10-30-19
- Amber Ridge Preliminary Plan
- Amber Ridge Traffic Impact Analysis 5-23-19
- Amber Ridge Traffic Impact Analysis Revised 10-31-19
- BAPB Staff Report 11-8-19
- Video of BAPB Meeting 11-8-19