Budget & Financial Reports
The Finance Department prepares the city's Annual Budget and Capital Improvement Program (CIP) as well as the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. The City Manager's proposed budget must be submitted to Council between the April 10 and 15.
The City Council holds a series of meetings, work sessions, and public hearings to discuss the budget development. Usually residents are encouraged to become involved in the budget process by attending the work sessions and addressing their comments to Council at the public hearings.
This year’s process will be a little different, but it will continue on schedule so that the government can continue to operate and provide services. Meetings will take place at City Hall but will be closed to the public. Some Councilmembers and staff will participate in the meetings remotely to ensure that social distancing is maintained and that no more than 10 people are gathered in one place.
While the public cannot attend Council meetings and budget worksessions in person, they can watch them live on the Bowie government channel (FIOS 10/Comcast 71 & 996), on the City's YouTube channel, or on the city website. Members of the public can submit comments for the Citizen Participation portion of Regular Meetings and can submit testimony for public hearings via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FY 2022 Proposed Budget & Capital Improvements Program - NEW!
Tentative Changes to Proposed Budget 2022
Prior Years' Adopted Budgets :
- Adopted FY 2021 Budget and FY 2021 - 2026 Capital Improvements Program
- Adopted FY2020 Budget and FY2020-2025 Capital Improvements Program
- Adopted FY2019 Budget and FY2019-2024 Capital Improvements Program
- Adopted FY 2018 Budget and FY 2018-2023 Capital Improvements Program
- Budget documents for years prior to FY 2018 may be viewed in our Archive Center
Budget in Brief
- FY 2020 Budget and Capital Improvements Program
- FY 2019 Budget and Capital Improvements Program
- FY 2018 Budget and Capital Improvements Program