- Fair Housing Overview
- Additional Fair Housing Resources
Fair Housing Education
Below are presentations, videos, and links and educational resources for residents who want to learn more about fair housing history and the state of fair housing policy in the country today.
Fair Housing Presentations and Information
Presentation on Fair Housing by Glendora C. Hughes, Esq., General Counsel of the Maryland Commission on Civil Rights.Glendora C. Hughes is the General Counsel for the Maryland Commission on Civil Rights and is responsible for the overall supervision and administration of the Legal Department for the Commission.
Presentation by Manuel Ochoa of Ochoa Urban Collaborative
Fair Housing in the DMV PowerPoint by Manuel Ochoa of Ochoa Urban Collaborative.
Manuel is the president and founder of Ochoa Urban Collaborative and has over twenty-five years of experience in urban planning, housing, and community development. Manuel assisted in the development of the 2020-2025 PGC/Bowie Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing (AI) and is a consultant on the Metropolitan Washington Council of Government's Regional AI team.
Learn more about the Ochoa Urban Collaborative
Presentation on Implicit Bias by Dr. Kris Marsh of the University of MarylandDr. Marsh received her PhD from the University of Southern California in 2005. She was a Postdoctoral Scholar at the Carolina Population Center at the University of North Carolina before joining the faculty of the University of Maryland, where she has been tenured since 2014. Dr. Marsh’s general areas of expertise are the Black middle class, demography, racial residential segregation, and education.
Implicit Bias Resources
- Exploring Implicit Bias and Promoting Equity - Video lecture available for free from the National Council on Family Relations until August 30, 2020
- Implicit Bias in the Workplace: Definition, Examples & Impact - video and lesson series on study.com (free account required to view entire lesson)
- Understanding Implicit Bias - information on implicit bias from the University of Ohio's Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity
Fair Housing Handouts Links
- Are You a Victim of Housing Discrimination?
- Fair Housing Booklet – Quick Guide & Essential Facts.
- Locate the Local Office in your area
- Unfair Lending Practices – What You Should Know
- Visit HUD for more information on Fair Housing
- National Association of Realtors recommended reading list
- Fair Housing Act: History and Examples of Violations from MasterClass