Yard Waste Collection
Yard Waste Curbside Collection Information
- Yard waste is collected once weekly on Wednesdays.
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, branches, and small logs.
- Yard waste cannot be included with your regular household trash. Yard waste is not allowed in Maryland landfills.
Preparing Yard Waste for Collection
- Place items for collection at the curb prior to 7 a.m. on Wednesday, the yard waste collection day, but not prior to 5 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Yard waste should be put out in one of the following ways:
- Loose within a container weighing no more than 50 lbs.
- Bagged in PAPER bags (Large yard waste paper bags are available from BJ's, Giant, Home Depot, Lowes, Safeway, Target, Walmart, and other local stores. Plastic bags may not be used for yard waste.)
- Branches up to 4 inches in diameter and 4 feet long must be tied in bundles; bundles must weigh no more than 50 lbs. each
- Larger logs (up to 24 inches in diameter) should be cut in smaller lengths (18 to 24 inches) and placed at the curb. Maximum weight per log is 50 lbs.
- Grass clippings
- Small limbs/branches
- Logs (maximum 24” diameter) cut into lengths no longer than 18” to 24”
- Christmas trees (January only). Trees must be placed at the curb and be free of decorations and lights.
- Landscape timbers
Prince George's County Yard Waste Drop-off OptionsIf any resident wishes to deliver yard waste to drop-off locations, the County offers the following options:
Prince George’s County Composting Facility
6550 Maude Savoy Brown Road
Upper Marlboro, MD
Accepts yard waste Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
$10 minimum (up to 400 lbs.)
Prince George's County Convenience Drop-Off Center
3501 Brown Station Road
Upper Marlboro, MD
Accepts trash, recycling, and yard waste Monday - Saturday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
No charge for cars, vans and SUVs
- Yard waste in brown paper bags
- Small branches and tree limbs, bundled up to 4 ft. in length and 4 inches in diameter
- No stumps or logs, no plastic bags