Hydrant Flushing Begins in April for Areas Served by City Water
Hydrant Flushing Schedule:
- APRIL 2 & 3 Buckingham, Derbyshire, and Forest Drive
- APRIL 4 & 5 Somerset and Bowie Forest
- APRIL 6 & 9 Tulip Grove
- APRIL 10 & 11 Foxhill & Long Ridge
- APRIL 12, 13 & 16 Kenilworth
- APRIL 17 Heather Hills
- APRIL 18, 19 & 20 Meadowbrook
- APRIL 23 Gradys Walk & Glenridge
- APRIL 24 Chapel Forge
- APRIL 25 Victoria Heights & Race Track Rd Townhouses
- APRIL 26 Idlewild
- APRIL 27 Yorktown & Overbrook
- APRIL 30 Whitehall
- MAY 1 Rockledge
- When flushing is underway in your area, some discoloration of your water may occur, so clothes washing is discouraged.
- If your clothes become discolored, keep them wet and rewash them using a rust remover. Rust remover is available, at no cost, from City Hall and Public Works offices.
- The water is safe for drinking and bathing even though it may be discolored.
- The discoloration is a result of rust and sediment buildup in the water lines and is not harmful. It should clear in approximately 24 hours.
- Since the water mains are all interconnected, hydrant flushing in adjacent neighborhoods may possibly affect your water as well.
For more information, call the Public Works Department at 301-809-2344. Flushing hours are 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the above dates.